Wednesday 26 November 2014

A sliver of hope.

There are some nights or some days where you feel completely good about everything. It's not like something spectacular took place for you on the day or night itself but you just suddenly feel really good in general. It could've been because you heard a song that just made you smile, or talked to someone you haven't talked to for a long time for hours and hours. It could've been because you watched a video or saw an old photo which took you back to old, amazing memories. These little things are the things that could change your entire perspective within seconds; just as how the tiniest thing can change you to feel absolutely shit in another.

But that's not the point of this post tonight. I suddenly feel very chirpy tonight for some odd reason which I, myself have not yet discover. I think it's because I was listening to this cover of Fly Me to The Moon originally by Frank Sinatra. It was covered by Julien Mueller and it doesn't have any specific meaning to me but the way he covered it filled me with a feeling of joy that made me smile so much. After a while I started browsing for old R'n'B songs, allowing the lyrics and melody to flow through me like water.

Some songs though (not just songs really, almost anything) can take you back to a place in your head only you remember and no one else can go there. You have the ability and the power to rewind to that particular moment as many times as you want and as perfect as you want it to be. It happens to me a lot, especially when I listen to a song or a melody. When I read a book, stumble across a photo or an image. Even when I smell something, anything. Something will always remind me of a memory, buried deep within my mind. It's amazing.

I sometimes wonder how God has already planned for everyone's lives even before we existed when we can't even plan on where to have our dinner or what clothes do we want to wear tomorrow. How brilliant is that? It's important to have faith, because having faith means having hope. And when you have hope, life is worth living. And when you have hope, you're invincible and what problems that you face today, you will get through it. That's how I get by (and honestly that's what you've taught me), always have hope for a better day, a better life.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.