Friday 8 December 2017

Five Lessons I Learned In November

Wait... It's December already?!


I can't believe we're almost at the end of the year again! I sometimes feel like a broken record when I'm in front of the screen typing away at the fact that we'll soon be bidding 2017 goodbye. It's quite scary though isn't it? How fast the time is moving, and so many has happened too. Just a side note, I did plan to update this post before I posted My Glossier Favourites but I thought I'd just get that one out of the way first.

I read Anna's blog (no surprise there - I am such a fan girl, she's such an inspiration!) and she wrote a Five Highlights From The Month of November so I thought why not write something similar? I have quite a number of things I'd like to share with you, hoping that you'll gain something from this post too as I have of the past month.

Speak up because not everyone works the same way as you do, and that's okay. What's not okay though is to let others take advantage of you especially when you've been nothing but kind and understanding to them. It's not wrong to voice out something that doesn't seem right; I mean how else are you going to solve it if you don't know what the problems are?





Being patient is key, especially when you're working with other people. Again, everyone works differently than we do; sometimes their pace is slower than us, sometimes it's faster. When these things happen, we have to be patient. What's important is communicating with the people around you and it will all work out in the end, you'll see. Good things come to those who wait, because trust me; I KNOW. *Pats myself at the back*

While this may be harder to do (at least for me but I'm trying!) but saving up from what you earn is such a satisfaction. Ever since I started working, I've been able to buy things *exhibit A: Glossier... makeup...  food... SKINCARE *face palms** for myself and also for my family - but putting all that unhealthy and unnecessary splurge aside, I do have my savings and it makes me feel pretty good about myself. I feel like I'm a secure and responsible adult. Ha!

Offer a helping hand or words of encouragement because you never know who is in need of it. I don't know about you, but my day instantly gets better after helping someone out and after I posted 5 Ways To Keep Moving Forward On A Bad Day, three friends of mine messaged me and told me that they needed to read, see or heard what I wrote (which by the way made me THE happiest person alive and  I cried *actual* tears.) It genuinely makes me happy every time someone tells me that they enjoy  and/or feel good reading the contents that I publish on this world wide web.


And of course I started actual blogging this time. I've been reading a lot of other blogs to get some inspiration and a very dear friend of mine, Martine - other than the lovely Anna - actually got me into wanting to blog, for real this time. Though I still wouldn't call myself an actual blogger but it's still fun and I've got to say, I'm really enjoying it. I still haven't got to that stage where I'd pay for a custom domain and a nicer template yet but I'll settle for what I have for now.


Photos by: Sarah Haque

2 comments on "Five Lessons I Learned In November"
  1. Keep on sharing your experiences. I love to read them

    ReplyDelete

If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.