Saturday 18 November 2017

My Ultimate Go To Products For A Minimal Look


I've been away for the past couple of week and I do apologise for not updating anything. I haven't had the chance to write for this blog and my other blog because the last two weeks has been super hectic. I did write something but because I didn't take any photos for the post, I decided not to post anything yet. 

Anyway, I finally had the chance to write a new post and this is going to be a fairly long one - so sit back, have your cuppa ready and enjoy as I take you with me in the world of 'Haziqah's minimal makeup routine.' 

Since I received so much views and love on my Sunday Splurge post (I pretty much spammed the link on every social media accounts I have! Ha) which you can read here, for today's post I'm going to write an updated version of the makeup products that I use on a daily. It has been a few months since my last post on makeup and there are new products that I've been trying out and absolutely adore. I thought I'd just share what they are.

















I purchased the It Cosmetics CC Cream Your Skin But Better (I am in the shade Tan) under the influenced of The Anna Edit and immediately fell in love with it. I knew I was going to like it; it's not a full coverage foundation but you can build it up. It gives a nice dewy finish which I am all about these days. I personally think the shade is a tad bit too tan for me, but I always sheer it out or mix with my Bourjouis 123 Perfect CC Cream in the shade Rose Beige

As you may have guess, I am a 'no makeup-makeup' kinda gal. As much as I love watching other people cake their face, it's just not me.

Glossier recently came to London for a week and had a pop-up shop in Marylbone, so a couple of friends and I decided to grasp this opportunity and pop down to the shop and treat ourselves to some good makeup. I got the Glossier Skin Tint in the shade dark and their Cloud Paint Blush in the shade Dusk. I don't usually wear blushes, but I find that the cloud paint is sheer, so it's not overwhelming and it makes me look flushed - which is great. If you can't already tell, I am obsessed with Glossier. 

I know Glossier doesn't ship to anywhere else in the world other than America, Canada and now the UK, so it might be a little harder to get a hold of them if you aren't in either of the countries. But if you are in either one, and you're into the minimal makeup look, pick yourself some of the products, you won't be disappointed.  

Moving on from my Glossier obsession, I also use the All-in-One BB Cream from The Body Shop (shade 4) from time to time. It doesn't give me any coverage, much like the skin tint, but it evens out any discolourations and makes your skin still looking like skin, but better.


I use the Maybelline Fit Me concealer in the shade 'deep fonce' because it gives me a nice light, coverage but still conceal the dark circles. For powder, I go back and forth between the Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless powder in 250 Sun Beige or the Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder.

If you read my previous post, I mentioned that I use The Body Shop Honey Bronzer (shade 4) and I love it. It's great - it's matte, blends easily and the colour is perfect for my skin tone. I never skip on my bronzer, I feel like it gives a nice, natural warmth to my face. Ever since I started to get into makeup, I wasn't a fan of the 'dewy, glowing' look because I have a combination oily-to-dry skin but recently I've really been enjoying looking like a ball of sweat, in a good way.

To achieve this look, I like to use the Maybelline Master Strobing Liquid Highlighter in the shade 'medium'. If you like to look like a bedazzled jewel, you're not going to like this highlighter. It's really soft and subtle, but you can build it up. Sometimes I feel like I'm not even wearing anything but it gives you that natural glow. However, if I do want to spice things up just a little bit - and that's saying a lot - I add just a little bit of The Balm Marylou-Manizer with a fan brush.


Moving on to eyes. I love wearing mascara and curling my eyelashes, it makes all the difference to my face - especially if I have a 9 a.m. class and I do not want to look like a walking corpse. The eyelash curler that I use is just a cheap one from Superdrug.

I am currently using the Maybelline Colossal Big Shot Mascara and it's actually not that great. The only reason why I continue to use it is because I don't want to spend another eight quid on a mascara when I still have one. I'll purchase a different one once I've used up the entire tube. Wow, I wish I could say the same for all the lipsticks that I have.

Because I am a minimalist, I rarely ever wear eyeshadow. I rarely even wear makeup. But when I do want a little bit of colour, I take a Real Techniques eyeshadow brush and apply the dark, warm brown shade from the NYX Full Throttle eyeshadow quad in the colour RIOT all over my eyelids and that's me eyes ready for the day. I sometimes attempt to create a wing eyeliner and I use the Barry M Eye Define Liquid Eyeliner for it. It's very affordable and the quality isn't too bad either. It doesn't transfer or smudge, and it's super easy to take off too.


We have finally come to the last step of my routine: lips. Most days, I don't wear lipstick but a lip balm instead. Especially this time of year, it's getting colder in London and I can't stand having dry and chapped lips. I use the Glossier Balm Dotcom and I have the Birthday flavour. I kid you not, it does smell like an actual birthday cake. Frosty and vanilla-y. It's got a little bit of glitter in it but you can barely see it. I also love the Nivea Hydro Care Lip Balm. If any product has the word hydra, hydro or moisture in it - I'm sold.

But I can't deny this, I am a sucker for lipstick, then again who isn't? I have so many lipsticks and I always go back to one - shameful, I know. I can't help myself, I bloody love lipsticks. My current go to is The Body Shop Matte Lip Liquid in the shade Windsor Rose and pair it with a cheap Primark lipliner  either in the shade 'Toffee' or something else that I do not know the name of. (I can't seem to find the shades on the Primark website either, sorry!) This lipstick is just the perfect nude for me - it doesn't dry out my lips and it has a subtle, sweet smell to it.

Other days though, I do enjoy adding a pop of colour to my face. I recently purchased the Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick in the shade Calabasas and Family Jewels. I ordered them when they were on sale but what I did not know was, I still had to pay for customs! That was a pain but it was worth it, I absolutely love the products. I also love a good burgundy, red lip especially during this time of the year. I rarely wear the Maybelline Superstay 24 Matte Ink Lipstick in the shade Pioneer but I thought I'd give it a mention because when I do wear a red, it's that one.

I feel like I have so many other products but always go back to the same ones. Well, you know what they say - if it works, it works. Plus, it'd be cool to actually finish a product. For once...

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.