Monday 8 January 2018

My Skincare Regime

Two words: hydration and moisture.


When it comes to skincare, I like to give it a fair shot before I give my opinions about it. I would say I am a skincare junkie - I might even have a bit of a problem if I'm completely honest but let's just pretend that everything is fine. A few months back, I mentioned that I was going to write a skincare routine but never got round to it. Well you're in for a treat because in today's post I will walk you through with the products that I use on an everyday basis for my face.

Drinking a lot of water and getting a good 8 hours of sleep as well as taking care of your diet and lifestyle plays a big role to having smooth porcelain skin but skincare plays a big role in it too. I am not much of a health freak (I should really exercise more if I'm honest) but I do drink a lot of water  daily and I attempt to get more than a couple of hours sleep. My skin really isn't that bad - I rarely get any blemishes and there aren't any visible scars but hey, nothing lasts forever so it's better to be safe than sorry, right?

Before I start, I'd like to make a quick note that I only have 6 steps that I take every single day/night. Okay sometimes I use the Innisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral Mist just to refresh my face but that doesn't count, right? And these steps doesn't include any exfoliating and masking - maybe I'll write that in a different post. It's not all that crazy, right? *laughs nervously* Okay, okay.. so maybe it's a little excessive but I personally think it's really calming. I enjoy slathering my face with an abundance of moisture and hydration. I used to never have a skincare routine, it was just a facial cleanser and moisturiser and that was it but as time goes by, I wanted to try something new and here we are now.


1. CLEANSER. This is a must for me, I can never go a day with just splashing water on my face. I don't care how late or tired I am - I must at the very least cleanse my face and for the past few months, I've really been enjoying the Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser. I've mentioned this in my Glossier Favourites but it is just a soothing, gentle face wash. It doesn't burn or sting my skin and its consistency is as the name suggests, a jelly. It smells of faint roses and I love how soft and clean my face feels after each wash. I'm even on my second bottle now!

2. TONER. The second step of my routine is toning - I used to use a toner but then I stopped and I revisited that road and now I cannot live without it. I use the Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol Free Toner and it's brilliant! Especially for my skin where I get oily on my nose and forehead and dry on the perimeters of my face. I find that it doesn't clog up any pores and controls the oil but doesn't dry my skin which is all I ever want in a product.

3. ESSENCE. Now this next step I've only recently added to my routine because 1) the more the better, duh! and 2) we all know the crazy 10 steps Korean skincare routine that recently caught everyone's attention, so I had to try it for myself. After toning, I apply an essence and I use the Innisfree Jeju Lava Seawater Deep Essence. I call it, 'pre-moisturising' because it's lighter than an actual moisturiser and it just adds another layer of hydration which hey, no complaints there.


4. MOISTURISER. Need I say more? I use the Innisfree Green Tea Balancing Cream as my night moisturiser because I like a heavier cream based consistency at night, so when I wake up in the morning my skin feels extra soft and hydrated. I am a little extra when it comes to moisturising so for day time use, I use my Chanel Hydra Gel Creme. Not much to say about it really - I prefer a gel based moisturiser for day time use because it won't be as oily and heavy on my skin but still gives hydration and nourishment for my skin. The only downside to this is it is VERY bloody expensive. You can definitely use a different moisturiser and it'll work just fine, I just find that this one works really well for me.


5. EYE SERUM. Just like the essence, I never used to use any eye serums or eye creams but seeing as how I am always on my laptop/phone/iPad and my usual bed time is past midnight (facepalms), I had to give my eyes the extra love that it deserves. My mum actually got this as a part of a gift set but she is pretty loyal to Estee Lauder so she gave this next product to me. The L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Eyes Ultimate Youth Cream is a great way to give some life back to my dead, raccoon  looking eyes. Again, say it with me - it is hydrating and very light under the eyes. The only downside of this product is IT. IS. SO. BLOODY. EXPENSIVE. Will I purchase it for myself once I'm on my last drop? I guess we'll have to see.

6. EYE CREAM. The final step to my skincare routine is eye cream. As mentioned in my Sunday Splurge post (which by the way is one of my popular post, so thank you!), I use the Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado and again it's ahmazing! Ever since I started using it, my dark circles are less visible and it's so creamy and moisturising. One of the best thing I purchased in 2017! And, I use this religiously but I still have a lot of it left. A little really does go a long way with this product. Bloody love it.


2 comments on "My Skincare Regime"
  1. Haha I love the second sentence, it sums you up perfectly. The photos are so clear and nice btw, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you darling but I still need to be more active and consider buying an actual camera. Or I could always just ask for your photography services ;) x

      Delete

If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.