Friday 12 January 2018

A Song For You: Untitled, 2014 - Kwon Jiyong (G-Dragon)

When it comes to music, I don't have a preferred genre. I listen to pretty much every genre and yes, even the heavy metal, hardcore music where you can't really understand the lyrics because they are basically just screaming. No hate there, I used to actually enjoy it. These days though, it's just not my cup of tea anymore. If there is a favourite, I would say acoustic, maybe? I do love me a good R'n'B but nothing beats the sound of an instrument accompanied by a heavenly voice.

This is going to be a rather short post, but I wanted to write and share it with you anyways. As you know, I am a fan of anything Korean. Fashion, beauty, dramas, music. I was thinking of making this 'A Song For You' as a sort of 'series' (I guess is what you can call it?) where I update my current favourite songs from time to time.

As you can probably tell from the title, it is a song by G-Dragon. If you don't know who he is, he is a Korean rapper/singer/producer/songwriter and leader of a KPOP idol group, BigBang. They're pretty famous actually. A little back story, I never used to like KPOP, let alone enjoy it. I've always known who BigBang was but never got into it and this was circa 2007, 2008? My brother however was obsessed with them. Dare I say he even fangirled over G-Dragon.

Now though, I bloody love it even though I'm a decade too late. As much as I love BTOB, BigBang has slowly sneak their way inside my heart for the past couple of weeks.  Especially a beautiful man, who goes by G-Dragon. I'm sort of catching up with all the years I missed out on but 12 years seems a little bit too much so I decided to focus on recent years.

He released a solo album and one of the tracks, titled 'Untitled, 2014' (ironic huh?) and it just gets to me. It's all I've been listening to and I just wanted to share it with you, hoping that you'll love it as much as I do.


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.