Saturday 4 November 2017

A Song For You: BTOB - Missing You

For the past year, as surprising as this may sound but I have been paying a bit more attention to the KPOP industry. I was just as surprised, that I found myself genuinely enjoying listening to Korean music considering I used to be one of those people who was negative over KPOP idols and artists. It all started when I decided to jump on the Weightlifting Fairy Kim Book Joo bandwagon over a year ago. I kept seeing gifs and memes on Twitter of this drama and thought to myself, you know what? Let me see for myself what it was all about.

16 episodes later, I was ashamed at how much I enjoyed it. I denied it at first of course, I couldn't let anyone know that I too, was into the whole K-drama/KPOP craze but in the end, I was unbothered at all by what anyone said. And there were a lot of critiques. Let me tell you this, it's freaking awesome.  Just because it doesn't suit to your taste, doesn't make it any less good.

Of course one drama lead to another, and the next thing you know I find myself getting into a KPOP idol fandom. As embarrassing as it may sound, it's all just for fun. I genuinely enjoy it and everyone has their guilty pleasure, this happens to be mine.





With that being said, I became a fan of BtoB which is an acronym for Born To Beat. They are honestly too good to be KPOP idols in my opinion, because the music they produce (yes, most of their songs are produced by a member), their vocals, stage presence and everything are just top-notch. I might exaggerate just a little, but I personally think they are the Korean version of Boyz II Men plus three rappers.

Since I'm trying out something new with my blog, I thought why not write about something that I genuinely like, right? I personally think most people overlook the Korean industry. They might actually surprise you; they definitely surprised me. BtoB recently came back with a new album and it's absolutely ace for me. There isn't a single track that I don't like, especially the ballads in this album. Missing You - the song that I've included in today's post - is their comeback song and I think everyone needs to listen to it. I hope you'll give it a chance and whether you like it or not, you can decide on that later.

Enjoy!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.